Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does herbal essence shampoo CLEAN as well ast pantene pro-v sheer volume does?

I ask because i love the way the pantene lathers quickly and thoroughly cleans my hair. However i notice that it irritates my skin sometimes, not physically, bur it makes me feel like my skin is burning. Though i love the results on my hair. I want to know if Herbal essences shampoo, Aussie, or Head and shoulders cleans as well Pantene? Any input from the answers community would be greatful?Does herbal essence shampoo CLEAN as well ast pantene pro-v sheer volume does?
Andrae, the burn feeling is probably the Sodium Laurel Sulfate in the shampoo. Most drug store shampoos use it because it is very cheap and lathers up. What you should know though is that it is harder on your hair and scalp %26amp; you also dont need to have a very foamy lather to get your hair clean. And some of these products have more sulfate than others.





Here are some common side effects of sulfate shampoos:


1. Irritates the scalp


2. Dries out your hair and strips the color and shine


3. Causes your ends to split and the hair shaft and follicle to unsmooth


4. Instigates hair loss





Burt's Bees and Pureology both make sulfate free products as well as some of the organic shampoos. Check your labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment