Monday, December 28, 2009

Does herbal essence shampoo make your hair fall out?

I was thinking of trying it out, but I heard some people say that it made their hair shed a lot more than usual, is it true? any personal experiences?Does herbal essence shampoo make your hair fall out?
YEP!!!


i started using it and 3 months of using it my hair got to half its thickness!


and my bath pipes were clogged with soooo much hair we had to get them repared!


the best thing to do is to use a salon shampoo!


because drugstore and salon shampoos both clean the same way... but its what they leave behind that makes all the difference!


drugstore shampoos shed your hair of all natural oils and leave the hair dull and lifeless....


salon shampoos... they leave in vitamins and oils that make your hair shiny silky and healthy!





if u used salon shampoos and u didnt see a difference is because ppl assume that if the shampoois expensive and sold at salon... it'll work well....THATS A LIE!!


ask your hairdresser what type of shampoo she/he would recomend for your skin/hair type!


if it works well for you in about 5 washes you should notice a difference in your hair! if not the beauty of buying shampoo at a salon... is you can exchange it and try differnt products until you find the right one!!





p.s remember if your friend/a member on yahoo recomends a shampoo.... dont listen tothem... because they dont have enough knowledge on hair and YOUR hair... to recomedn stuff....


in other wise if its their ultimate favourite shampoo..it dusnt ean it will have the same effects on you!Does herbal essence shampoo make your hair fall out?
Lots of good info here on this issue. http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/93538





I don't know which of their products you're refering to but their new-ish shampoo and conditioner made my hair fall out =(





I used the Dangerously Straight range...dangerous is right. I bought it after reading reviews that although it didn't straighten your hair, it made your hair easier to brush and my hair is very difficult to brush at times.





After about 2-3 weeks of using it I noticed that my hair has been falling out in an increasing manner. I've heard that on average a person losses about 100 strands of hair...well I normally lost about 20-30 and after using this shampoo and conditioner I was losing about a handful while conditioning and brushing.





I blamed the over overload of ALS in te Herbal Essences. Where normal shampoos contained one cleaning agent, Herbal Essences had both Ammonium Laureth Sulfate AND Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. When I researched ALS and SLS (Sodium in place of Ammonium) it turned up with a lot of information and apparently it can cause some peopel hair loss and other problems.





Since then, I've switched to ';natural'; shampoos which are SLS and ALS free. It's been about 4-5 months and my hair isn't falling out as much as it was when I used Herbal Essences but it's definitely still falling out a lot more than it used to. My hair is much thinner than it used to be. I don't think my hair will ever return to it's original state....but I can hope.





I don't know if it'll make YOUR hair fall out because everyone is different but it certainly made mine fall out.
i don't think it makes you shed more because normally we shed hair everyday and that is normal. however, from personal experience the new herbal essence shampoos and conditioners actually made my hair dry and my hair felt like hay. Despite the great smell i wouldn't recommend it. personally i like head and shoulders and sunsilk is pretty good. If you dont want your hair to fall out use products with less chemicals.





hope this helps :]
I can't imagine that this popular shampoo causing hair loss. Use a shampoo suited for your type of hair and any brand will be good. Use a clarifying shampoo once a month, and don't use the same brand of shampoo all the time.
I don't really think it does. I used it once one night because I ran out of shampoo and had to use someone else's, and did find that my hair felt flaky. But, then again, I use dandruff shampoo so.... But, yeah, you should be fine.
Nah its never happened to me. The only shampoo that I've used that made my hair fall out like extremely was Loreal Fructis shampoo its the one with the all green bottles.
it shouldnt-my hairstylist says any shampos that are colored green or blue like head n shoulders will make your hair fall out. but ive never had a prob with herbal essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment